RIGHTS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT
The Copyright Act gives 2 kinds ofprotection:
- The right to reproduce the copyrighted work
- The right to prepare derivative works based upon the work
- The right to distribute copies of the work to the public
- The right to perform the copyrighted work publicly
- The right to display the copyrighted work publicly
Moral rights are rights of creators of copyrighted works recognized in civil law jurisdictions which are to be as follows –
- Right of Paternity: The right to paternity is the right to claim the authorship over the work and restricts the other from doing so.
- Right of Integrity: It permits the author to restrain or claim damages in case of any distortion, Mutilation and modification of their work.